Friday, February 1, 2008

SMART- January reveiw and February goals

If you are interested in learning more about SMART habit Saturday, seeing what others are doing more SMARTly or joining us, visit Lara at The Lazy Organizer .


JANUARY REVIEW:
You can find my first SMART habit Saturday post here. My priorities for January included 1: Weekly Menu Planning and 2)Tidyness (cleaning my kitchen/dining room/living room each night before bed.

1) Weekly Menu Planning- first off let me say that I really like doing this. It takes a little time but I know what I need to buy at the grocery store each week, I don't tend to over buy as much (I don't think), I don't think we are wasting as much "fresh" food that I would buy and not get around to using and we do not have the "what do YOU feel like for dinner" conversation 4 nights a week; maybe just once a week now. Making my menu, shopping for it and posting it online makes me feel more accountable to it and I think this has been a successful habit. I will be continuing to menu plan but I won't be updating our success during SMART Saturday updates. If you are interested in how it is going in February, be sure to check out my blog Sundays when I list my menu plan for the week.

2) Tidyness- I have to say that I LOVE waking up to a tidy front of the house. I feel motivated to do things through out the day and to keep it tidy. It isn't easy with 2 toddlers running around here 4 days a week (not to mention the fact that hubby is home 2 of those 4 days- I somehow find myself feeling less productive when he is home, imagine a wife actually wanting to spend time with her husband...what a thought eh?). This habit is one I am committed to, but it has not been as successful as the menu planning. I think I need to continue to work on this one more consistantly in February.

FEBRAURY GOALS:
1) Tidyness- see above. I really need to be more consistant here. I think that is the key. My chore list should help in this but I need to be more consistant in making sure the chores get done. Both mine and Brad's.

2) Exercise- Yes, the dreaded E word. My goal for February is to do my prenatal dvd a minimum of 3 days a week. I would also like to take a walk (1/2 hour or more) at least 2 days a week. And finally, I would like to take Ryan to the pool once a week. I do have a plan for this. I could easily do my yoga video either when the boys are napping or once Mason goes home and Ryan is down for his afternoon nap. I can take Ryan to the pool Thursdays or Saturdays. I could walk with the boys any day if the weather is nice. If the weather is not so great, I could always walk at our "mall" (although for a half hour that is mybe 15 laps of the mall). I could do this with Mason and push both boys in a cart or stroller. Also since my main grocery store is at the mall, I can do my walk before I get my groceries. When the weather warms up, I can take both boys for a walk to check the mail downtown at the post office. This one is going to be difficult for me. But it is one I need to do. I need this for me, for the baby growing inside of me and for the type of delivery I want.

*sorry if there are any typos, I can't seem to get the spell check to work tonight. Sad to say I am quite dependant on it.

3 comments:

Thea @ It's Me Vs. Me said...

That sounds like a great exercise plan! Since walking the "mall" sounds like it might take 2 seconds, and you have time to do exercise tapes...maybe you could invest in a walk at home tape. I really love Leslie Sansone, and she has different length tapes depending on how much time you have during the day!

MOMMY said...

Good luck with your goals!!! I have been going over my goals as well. Walking is HIGH on the list!!! If only the weather would get better! I do walk at our mall early in the morning, before it opens for an hour then usually get some shopping or browsing done. It helps if you have a friend with you. It helps the laps go by faster!

My husband holds my cleaning up too! Whenever he is home I tend to lose control of the mess! Glad to hear I am not alone! LOL

Rebecca said...

Great job on your meal planning! Sounds like you have a great start on keeping tidy & a good plan of attack for exercise. Have a great week!