Thursday, April 24, 2008

What a difference a week makes...

No, the new baby isn't here yet. And despite the ticker, I don't think he is ready to make his grand debut any time soon. Remember, while the ticker says baby is to arrive tomorrow around noon MST, that was based on what was to be a scheduled c-section that we are no longer taking. My due date isn't actually until May 4th and they will let me go one week past that before they make me have a repeat c-section.

Last week was my last week babysitting. Usually the little boy would arrive between 7:30-8:00 am and Ryan would be awake by 8:00-8:30. I was so looking forward to sleeping in and not getting up at 7:00 or earlier (if I wanted to shower before Mason arrived). This week, Ryan has been getting up between 7:00 and 7:30. (Except this morning, although he has been in our bed since 4:45 when he woke up soaked right through his pyjamas from his diaper. And I just couldn't fall asleep at all last night so I finally got up at 5:30 and had a nice long warm soak in the tub.)

Recently, Mason would not nap for his parents. I was fortunate that I was able to get him to nap. I didn't push him to nap but I did need him to play quietly while Ryan napped. He would often fall asleep at that time though and nap 1-2 hours while Ryan would nap 2-3. Towards the end this was great for me as it was a good time for me to catch a cat nap of my own or at least rest a little. This week, Ryan has been fighting naps and has not had a nap of longer than an hour. (Making it difficult for me to nap/rest and/or get things done.)

Also, early last week and we were in the middle of spring. All of that snow from what seemed like a record winter had finally melted. The roads were even mostly dry. The temps were warming and I didn't have to worry so much about not having jackets that can't do up around my expanded belly. Friday the wind started to pick up, Saturday was very cool and blustery and then Saturday night it started to snow and it didn't stop until Monday night. To look at our deck, it looked like we had gotten as much snow in 2 days as we had all winter (although it lookecd that way thanks to drifting). Thankfully the snow has stopped. The temperature is trying to climb it's way above 0 again. The sun is trying to shine and melt the leftovers of this last minute wintery blast. I don't know why it surprised me to get snow like this, but it did. I guess in my mind I was convinced I was having a spring baby and mother nature pulled a cruel trick on me and made it look like I was about to give birth to a winter baby. Perhaps that is why he is so hesitant to make his grand debut.

1 comment:

MOMMY said...

I can't wait to hear that he is here!!!!! Good luck with a sucessful delivery!

BTW, thanks for the thoughtful comment on my blog. I truly appreciate that you were thinking of us and our situation even with all that you have going on.