Thursday, August 2, 2007

I Know What You Did Last Summer


No, I didn't see this movie. But if you know me and my family, then you know what I did last summer. The answer is, I became a mom for the first time. Our son was born July 4th 2006 via C-section just days before our 7 year wedding anniversary.

We had been waiting patiently through June for our little bundle to arrive. And with the Edmonton Oilers making the Stanley Cup playoffs, we were kind of expecting an exciting entrance during game 7 of the finals. But it was not to be, and my husband had a few more days to finish renovating the basement in preparation for the flood of visitors to arrive and meet the baby.

Finally, at a check up with the doctor, as we discussed an induction for the next morning, my water broke, indicating that the baby was not too keen on the induction idea. We did not know the sex of the baby before hand, but we did have a definite boy name picked out and where waiting to see which of three possible names would suit our little girl. That night, we did not have to pick a girls name, as a little boy was born. Dark hair that was curly when wet, dark blue eyes, 7 lbs 6 ozs and almost 20 inches long.

With a C-section birth, we spent a few days in the hospital before heading home and settling in as a new family of three. This past year has seen many firsts, some challenges, some rewards and a lot of love. My goal is to blog and share not only some of those precious firsts from our first year, but also the current goings on of this little clan.

No comments: