Sunday, December 7, 2008

Belated Birthday gift


For my birthday, Brad gave me a homemade gift certificate for some salon treatments. It took me until the 1st of December to find a day that would work with our schedules and that of my hair stylist. When I went to see her, she said that according to her notes, it was 1 year minus 1 week since I had last been in. I knew it had been a while but I didn't think it was that long! So she started by cutting off 3 inches or so and then we started the coloring. We used a mocca brown close to my original hair color with some brownish red and gold highlights. Then she waxed my eyebrows and finished trimming the rest of my hair. Sometimes she styles my hair curly and sometimes she styles it straight. I've never really been a fan of my hair straight mostly because it never seems to last. But this time she did a GREAT job and I am loving it straight so much that I have asked for a flat iron for Christmas.




It was such a great treat for me! Brad drove me to my appointment and then he took the boys shopping at the mall. Just before he and Ryan went for lunch, he dropped a hungry Adam back with me. Adam nursed like a pro under the cape and fell asleep in my arms. He woke up just before we were finished and entertained the other people in the salon before Grandma came to the rescue so my stylist could flat iron my hair and not worry about little fingers grabbing hair, hot flat irons or cords.

No comments: