Friday, January 1, 2010

New Years Resolutions

I've broken my New Years Resolutions into a couple of different categories based on who in my family they affect.

For Ryan for instance, I want to get him potty trained and hopefully at least out of day time diapers before the new baby comes.

For Adam, I want to get him sleeping in his toddler bed in his room (that he shares with Ryan) and again hopefully before the new baby comes.

For both boys, I want to work on activities that will build their skills and abilities a little each day. Kind of like home preschool. Ryan needs to work on holding pencils and crayons properly. Both boys now have safety scissors so we can start doing crafts and cutting. Playing with playdoh. Learning letters and numbers for Adam, learning to print them for Ryan.

For myself, I want to get my house in order and keep it that way by following a schedule of household chores. I feel better when my house is in order. I am not as stressed because I can easily find things and I find my day runs smoother when my house is in order. When it is a mess, I feel chaos, stress, and I feel like I am more easily angered by the boys and their normal behaviour. And when it gets to a certain point of chaos, I just rather ignore it than deal with it. I think following the chore schedule will help me keep things in order and will allow me to work on my other resolutions.

For the family as a whole, I am going to continue with my meal planning, trying to do it once a month and shop once a month for main groceries picking up other items just as needed. I want to continue to watch fliers and coupons and use them to our advantage.

For Brad and I, I read a short story/poem recently that stuck a chord with me and I want to work on what it suggests as well. The Wedding Ring- by Marybeth Whalen

It may seem like I have taken on a lot, but I think they can help lead one to another to the next. And now that I am officially in my 3rd trimester I am hoping that my nesting instinct will kick in soon and that should help with keeping the house in order and meal planning and such.

No comments: